Saturday, January 29, 2011

Warm Weather


This afternoon as I was out and about running errands I realized what a beautiful afternoon it was. it has been so cold, gray, and gloomy and this afternoon the sun decided to come out and warm things up. On my way home I started plotting and as soon as I found Jack I announced that it was a beautiful day outside that as soon as groceries were put away we were going to the park. I decided that we should try out a new one so we drove over to Raymond Remkus Park. We got there about 3:30 so it was busy but not crowded. Apparently I wasn't the only one excited to be outside. Liza ,as always, was happy to be out and about with her peeps. We tried having her climb on the smaller play structure that is purposely designed for the little ones, but none of the other kids were there and so she wasn't interested either. So we went over to the bigger kid area. Lilza had great fun scooting with me as her shadow or walking with  Jack's assistance as she went around exploring. I believe her favorite feature was the long, orange tube slide. The slide was rather tall  so with a little hesitation I sent her down on her back and Jack caught her at the bottom. She didn't fuss but she wasn't all smiles either so the next time I went down with her and we were all giggles. Running a close second was the swing, we had fun playing tickling games as she swung back and forth. We also tried out this single seater spinny thing. Basically it was a poll with a seat at the bottom and as you twisted the top part of the poll it would spin you round and round. Liza thought it was fun. She hasn't figured out how to hold on tight yet so both Jack and I had our hands ready to catch her as Jack spun her around. They also had a good old fashioned merry-go-round, I hadn't seen one in years. My elementary school had one and it was my favorite thing to do. We didn't try that one out though. I think it will have to wait a year or two.










No comments:

Post a Comment