Monday, July 12, 2010

Gardening





Liza likes to know what I'm doing. She particularly likes to be involved and helping me. If I'm at the computer she likes to either be at my feet playing with cords or in my lap and manning the keyboard and mouse for me. In the kitchen she likes to wield the whisk and be at counter level so she can see what I'm doing. When I'm getting ready for the day she likes to watch me fix my hair while she plays with a comb and spray bottle. So it was no surprise  that when I needed to do some gardening the other day that she wasn't content to play on the blanket with the toys I had set out for her. She just had to check out my trowel, help me plant the seedlings, taste a rock, and play with the garden hose.

For a while I would try to keep her on the blanket but she would just scoot off again determined to see what I was doing. After several failed attempts I decided to yield, get the camera  and let her explore.  We had a grand time playing in the dirt and splashing in the mud.  I believe her favorite was playing with the hose. She would feel the water with her feet and then reach down and feel it with her hands.   Eliza would add some of her little kicks and be surprised when water would hit her face. It took me awhile longer to get things taken care of but we had some good clean fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment