Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Jack





Little Jack arrived at 1:55 a.m. Monday May 23th and boy was he in a hurry to get here. Things started warming up about 5 p.m. Sunday night. Then when contractions finally got about a minuet long five min apart everything slowed down. I tried to rest and Jack took Eliza to spend the night at a friends house just in case. I was still having contractions, and they came often enough for sleep to be out of the question. Around midnight, just when Jack settled down for a nap, the contractions started up again. By 12:30 I knew that baby wasn't going to be to long in coming so I called Robin and woke up Jack. Robin arrived by 1 a.m. and was busy for the first 15-20 min setting things up. When she checked my progress I was sitting at a 4. I went ahead and hopped into the pool. I had been dying to get in and looking back on things I had been holding back, waiting for the go ahead to get in the water. If I had jumped into the pool sooner it's quit possible that Jack Jack could have come sooner as well. Anyway what seemed not too long later I felt the baby starting to crown.  Three contractions and a half push later Little Jack had arrived. As soon as she saw him, Robin said that he looked exactly like Eliza. I must say that I agree. Little Jack Jack was also extremely close to Eliza's size at birth. When Eliza was born she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches long. Jack Jack was 8 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long. Talk about consistency!! Also like Liza,  Jack Jack likes to snuggle with his hands by his face. Another fun thing,  after Jack Jack got cleaned up and  had been given to his daddy he immediately started sucking on his thumb, very noisily. Also like Liza, Jack Jack is a very sweet tempered baby and we are very happy to have him in our family.


getting measured

weighing in


handsome guy

Eliza at birth

Eliza at the hospital, only a few days old

Stretch!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the book recommendation, I will check it out! (Positive Parenting!). Your little girl is darling, and congrats on your new baby boy. I have three more weeks until we have one of those perfect little creatures at our home too, I am excited - the end is always the hardest, isn't it?! until you remember that newborns create sleeplessness too. enjoy your baby!!

    ReplyDelete